Related works by the author
- I.J. Thompson, Philosophy of Nature and Quantum Reality, Pleasanton
CA: Eagle Pearl Press, 2010.
This book, written in 1993, develops a first-principles ontology for processes
with only one generative level, and hence very simple compared with the multilevel
structures here. It does, however, include a detailed description of the relations
between potentiality and actuality, extensiveness and space, and how being
remains constant during changes.
- I.J. Thompson, Two Ways of Looking at Time, Cogito 1 (Jan
- I.J. Thompson, The Nature of Substance, Cogito, 2 (1988) 17-19.
- I.J. Thompson, Real Dispositions in the Physical World, British Journal
for the Philosophy of Science, 39 (1988) 67-79.
- I.J. Thompson, The Consistency Of Physical Law With Divine Immanence,
Science & Christian Belief 5 (1993) 19-36.
- I.J. Thompson, Are Quantum Physics and Spirituality related?, New
Philosophy, 107 (2002) 333-355.
- I.J. Thompson, Discrete Degrees Within and Between Nature and Mind,
pp. 99-123 (2009) in Antonietti et al. (eds.) Psycho-Physical Dualism Today:
An Interdisciplinary Approach, Lanham MD: Lexington Books, 2009.
- I.J. Thompson, Derivative Dispositions and Multiple Generative Levels,
in M. Suαrez (ed.), Probabilities, Causes, and Propensities in Physics,
Synthese Library, Springer, 2011.